Post Category • Subcategory
Launch Your Startup Venture in Our 10-Week Accelerator Program
A fee-based, non-equity, 10-week training and advisory program for startup founders who want to develop and deploy a venture idea or concept to the market. Participants define a venture’s Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and Path To Money (PTM) through 10-weeks of cohort training sessions, team pitch preparations, one-on-one strategy coaching, and more!
“The Center’s Launch program was like no other accelerator we have experienced, a true community where the partners and mentors go to work for your company.”
Alex Miles, Founder & CEO of SportsHi (link: https://www.sportshi.io/), a venture-backed technology startup recognized as one of America’s top sports app helping students and coaches.
Our 10-week Launch Accelerator Cohort program is proven to help entrepreneurs working on an early idea, concept, prototype or with early traction transition to their first strategy, business model, product, customer, team, and/or funder.
You are the best fit for this program if/when:
- You are a first-time or serial entrepreneur working alone or with a teammate
- You have a “napkin” idea, first concept, or drafted prototype to work on
- You do or do not have initial traction with a customer or funder
- You have or are seeking a budget or a first funder to test your venture
- You have time to commit to weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly sessions
- You are coachable and open to working through challenges for your venture
- You are eager to advance your leadership style just as much as your business model
- You have a budget or sponsor of $3,000 to pay the Launch Accelerator program fee
Note: Startup founders and entrepreneurs who are already operating an early-stage or later-stage venture are not a best fit for this Launch Accelerator Cohort program. Instead, inquire about The Center’s Train or Consulting programs (link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKl1vSGTmXxupli-L5E6V7mwnezXQ84APYnmaa7nrREZgGng/viewform), where we work with ventures on implementing growth strategies for team, customer, partner, and/or funder growth.
Complete the 10-minute Summer 2021 Launch Accelerator application now (link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdx1pej8EK-QpSx5qibZm_t978KLOThH9aKc0C6GaRAzGXdkA/viewform
to be considered for acceptance and participation in our 10-week Launch Accelerator Cohort program.
In summary, the 10-week Launch Accelerator Cohort program includes:
- 2-hour welcoming event introducing Launch Accelerator Cohort entrepreneurs, facilitators, coaches, and more
- 2-hour weekly training session on a launch topic, hosted by a subject matter expert sourced and vetted in our network
- 3-hour bi-weekly pitch preparation session, facilitated by mentors and coaches who are experienced investors, executives, and entrepreneurs
- 2-hour monthly strategy session with program and senior leadership, focused on business model formation and growth roadmap
- 3-hour Pitch Day hosting Launch Accelerator Cohort entrepreneur pitches with the larger community, including investors, partners, and more
- Consideration for qualification for equity-based investment from angel investment partners
- Access to and use of The Center’s office/desk locations in New Rochelle, NY and Kingston, NY
- Access and introduction to The Center’s Mentor & Influencer Network, including private, angel, community, and other investors and funders
- Access to The Center’s Community & Cohort digital platform
- Access to The Center’s Launch resources, tools, and content
- Invitation to The Center’s private and special events and seminars
- Open door to all of The Center’s community events and seminars
The Center prioritizes working with first-time and serial entrepreneurs focused on making a transition from “zero” to a first strategy, business model, product, customer, team, and/or funder. We have had success, for example, with empowering entrepreneurs to launch and grow education technology, financial technology, agriculture technology, and other Environmental-Social-Governance (ESG) ventures.
“The team help me reconnect with my personal ‘why’ for founding Lessonbee and align my team around mission to reinvent the class experience.”
Reva McPollom, Founder & CEO of Lessonbee (link: https://lessonbee.com/), a venture-backed technology startup educating thousands of students in the Nation’s largest school districts.
We are interested in developing solutions together and with our partners that tackle ESG challenges to improve the quality of life of families, businesses, and communities. In believing that entrepreneurs need to take better care of themselves while building a venture, our team incorporates wellbeing initiatives as part of our Launch Accelerator venture development program. For example, entrepreneurs have access to story and leadership development, business and life coaching, nutrition and wellness strategies, and other mindset-driven tools and resources.
Hudson Valley Center for Innovation Mission
The Hudson Valley Center for Innovation (HVCI aka The Center) is growing the community of entrepreneurs in the Greater Hudson Valley and beyond. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to be mindful and masterful leaders of the new economy. Join us in connecting, launching, and training entrepreneurs to improve the quality of life of families, businesses, and communities.